Thursday, July 27, 2006

Practical Dreaming #6 -- Dreaming the Future -- or -- "Auntie Em! Auntie Em!"

I was down at the Jersey Shore a few weeks ago with family, just hanging at the beach and doing whatever. For me, doing whatever at the Shore always includes daily naps. I love that afternoon siesta. Let the hottest part of the day sliiiide by as I snooze comfortably. And I dream my heinie off when I nap.

Here is an excerpt from a dream I had while napping on the afternoon of July 11:

"I'm at the studio, and working with two clients when I look out the window to the south and see a tornado forming and touching down not far away."


"The studio" is the Pilates studio my wife and I manage. It's located in Briarcliff Manor, NY -- about two miles North of Sleepy Hollow, NY. And on the afternoon of July 12th, in Sleepy Hollow, this happened. Yow.

When I dream the future, it's usually in a symbolic fashion and I don't put 2 and 2 together until after the fact. This is pretty straightforward, eh?

Related to this story is the fact that I totally forgot about the dream until yesterday, when i was reading back through my dream journal and saw the date on the entry. Holy moley! Just goes to show what a crucial tool and resource your dream journal can be.

I'll be interested to see if there are follow-up precognitive dreams of this sort, of if this was an anomaly. Stay tuned...

No comments: